Sunday 3 February 2008

Thanks for last time...can't wait for the next!


Thanks to all my guest DJs for a great night last week, especially the wonderful Mr Maclean who had the floor bopping non stop. Next one will be February 23, as usual we will be packing out the cellar at Take 5, our favourite Norwich venue. Don't forget to check out our My Space site for up to date videos and photos.

I'm pleased to have Sure-D (Marvel/Def Tex) as our special guest on the 23rd bringing his brand of afro funk , looks like its gonna be another packer with regular guests Spen and Mark plus I've had some wicked tunes arrive this week . I'm sorting through them right now ,another killer from the 60s from Malian multi insrumentlist Sorry Bamba,one of the toughest 7" from the Guinian syliphone label by Balla and his Balladins and, by a real fluke, I've found a cracker Ivory Coast EP by Mamadou Doumbia plus yet another Baobab LP find along with the legendary Ebo Taylor LP....... oh and the 1st record by Kante Manfila with the Ambassadours !!!

No comments: